Wednesday 14 September 2011

Week 1: Worksheet Continued and Knowledge Gained



In this afternoons lesson I have been continuing with my first worksheet focusing on Audience Research. I have gained secondary research into BARB and RAJAR, who measure different audiences. I have started to write the written report for the questions on the worksheet in relation to these two companies and the work they do. This task has helped me in understanding why audience research agencies collect listening and viewing figures. I now have knowledge in understanding what the agencies do and why they collect figures, especially for other media producers.

BARB Logo
RAJAR Logo

Win, Learn, Change System: I was also introduced to the Win, Learn, Change system, which enabled me to reflect on the skills I have, what I want to learn and what I would like to change in my abilities this year. Some of my 'Win' skills included: Motivation, Working in a Team and Meeting Deadlines. Some of my Learn Skills included: Use different resources within research and be more creative within production stage of a product. The areas I would like to change include: Improve Confidence Level and Contribute to class discussions more.
I also completed a worksheet about time management. This really helped me in understanding how I could manage my time more effectively. I believe I would now be able to get an equal balance each day of time, including: college, homework and social life.

No comments:

Post a Comment