Tuesday 29 November 2011

Week 11: Pre-Production Documents for TV Ident

In today's lesson I continued with my pre-production work. In my previous post I stated that I would be completing this pre-production unit in relation to my 2D animation project. This has now changed, as I now be completing these documents in relation my current TV Ident project. Therefore I have edited my pre-production process table (discussed in my previous post). I edited this document to ensure it related clearly to the production of a TV Ident. Within this table I have discussed areas such as: finance, materials, facilities, personnel, timescale, contributors and codes of practice and regulation.
Within this table I have stated the element of the pre-production, what I need to do and how I will do it. Within this table I have acknowledged the various components which are used within the pre-production process. An example of one of the elements within this table includes:
  • Element of Pre-Production: Timescale

  • What I will need to do:
 
- Research and identify into the length of time it will take me to create the TV Ident in the production stage. This allows me to plan the rest of the production process, such as pre-production and post-production.
- Realistic timeframe.
- When the deadline will be.
- Identify similar products and how long they took to produce


  • How I will do it:
- Research into existing TV Ident projects which have been created by different TV channels. This will show the time scale which it took to create the TV Ident. This will allow me to understand the timescale of the length of creating a professional TV ident. This will be similar to the time scale which I have to create my TV ident.
- Existing graphic designer/ my previous production schedules.
- Look at my previous pre-production documents and sample production schedules.

This is one example from my table, I repeated this process for the other elements within the table. A screenshot of my pre-production table is shown below.





By completing this pre-production table I can put the 'How I will do it' section into action. I have started carrying out research for the how I will do it section for all of the different elements. I will then be putting the research from this table into a written report. This will clearly show my knowledge in terms of the elements which are included within the pre-production stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment